It’s that time of year, again. But this time the pot is a little sweeter than usual.
As is usually the case with New Years, TextFugu, our online Japanese textbook, is on sale for 50% off.
Get It: TextFugu.com
We have some changes coming up soon though. EtoEto, the spiritual successor to TextFugu, is currently being alpha tested. It has three parts, one of which you will recognize:
- Fugu (This is essentially TextFugu with updates! Updates!? Whoa!)
- Kappa (Intermediate textbook, the part that bridges the gap between beginner and fluency)
- Kuma (Practice for fluency)
We’ve built our own backend from scratch, meaning it does exactly the things we want it to do. On top of that, Fugu (aka TextFugu) is getting a huge content overhaul. I think it’s a lot better, by a lot.
It’s not quite ready for the public yet, but we’ll be upgrading TextFugu Forever members to it soon. Anyone with a TextFugu Forever account before EtoEto becomes available for purchase will be grandfathered in when it’s ready. All three parts (Fugu, Kappa, and Kuma), and for free. Did I mention that EtoEto is going to cost more than TextFugu? This is the cheapest an EtoEto Lifetime membership will be, most likely ever.
So if you were thinking about getting TextFugu, now’s a good time to get it. You’ll be getting:
- Access to all of TextFugu (right now)
- A free Lifetime EtoEto account as well as the opportunity to join the alpha / beta test.
- Continued access to TextFugu even after EtoEto is released (for an undecided amount of time. At least one year, maybe more).
- A discount on WaniKani (50% off coupon on the dashboard of TextFugu).
Sale will run until Friday, January 9, 2015, so get it while it’s hot.
In addition to our big TextFugu sale, we’ll also be running different sales all this week!
Happy New Year everyone! Let’s make it a great one filled with lots of Japanese learning!