Tofugu is looking for full-time help from someone experienced in the fields of education, as well as teaching the Japanese language, in particular. Responsibilities will include writing, coordinating, and creating new and unique content for our various properties (Tofugu, EtoEto, and WaniKani, to name a few). Your work will help hundreds of thousands of readers and students, who are looking for more effective ways to study Japanese.
Compensation: $50,000/year to start, plus all full-time benefits
Location: Our office in Portland, Oregon, USA. Exceptional remote-only applicants will be considered.
Requirements: Teaching experience and/or experience creating unique Japanese lanaguage learning materials. Fluent (or above) proficiency in both English and Japanese.
There are certain results we are looking for. Candidates will need to show the ability to accomplish the following at a high level.
- Write and coordinate the recording of lesson scripts for EtoEto. Review for quality and publish to the website. There will be an intense initial creation period, followed by regular output once the base has been developed.
- Write 50+ article/pages a year for tofugu.com, centering around Japanese learning topics. These may be (but are not limited to) grammar explanations, vocabulary explanations, ebooks, articles on how to learn Japanese, reviews of learning materials and resources, and more.
- Assist and/or be in charge of other Japanese language education related projects, as needed.
- The ability to come up with new, innovative ways to teach the Japanese language to our students.
- Always be learning about new and old innovations in language learning. Be or become an expert in learning.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- An example of a Japanese language lesson (or two, or three) you've created, showcasing your ability to create unique and effective lessons.
Exceptional candidates will be asked to do a short telephone interview, provide references, and participate in additional, longer interviews.
Please be sure to read through our employee handbook for more details on company culture and full-time benefits. Be warned that there are a lot of gifs and it may break your computer.
Send any questions and applications to email@example.com.