Every year we do an internship at Tofugu. It also seems to get better and better every year too, this year no exception. Here’s what we’re looking for when it comes to interns. Perhaps you fit the bill?
- Someone to work from our Portland, OR office for around 3 months this summer.
- Japanese studies major is a plus, but an interest in Japan and the Japanese language is also good.
- The ability to write well (and you want to get better).
- You’re a college/university student (or you were one recently).
That’s all and good, but what will you actually be doing? Lots of things, it turns out. Learning is the most important the biggest one, though.
- Write articles for the Tofugu blog (~1-2/month), scripts for the YouTube channel, and also appear in videos from time to time.
- Work on three short(ish) month-long projects. One is based on something we want you to learn. One is based on something you want to learn. The third could be either of those options. Projects will vary depending on needs and skills.
- One three-month long project. This will be something decided by the Tofugu staff, though we’ll try to pair you up with something that will help you with life in the long run too.
- Going downstairs to get ice-cream for everyone (don’t worry, Tofugu pays).
- Other day-to-day and not so day-to-day tasks, as needed.
In terms of what you actually get out of it… luckily, it won’t be slave labor!
- Hours will be 20-25 hours a week at a pay rate of $10/hour.
- Tri-met monthly passes to cover your mass transit (if applicable).
- Free ice cream.
- Free company lunch every day you’re in the office during lunch time.
- Access to office foods, snacks, and beverages.
If you’re interested in moving to Portland, OR for three months (or you’re already here) and want to further your knowledge in Japanese, Japan, business, marketing, and so much more, please read our job posting on our jobs page: http://jobs.tofugu.com/#intern
Oh, and did I mention that the due date for applications is coming up? Get them in by May 1, 2014. You’ll hear back in 1-2 weeks about interviews (or about how you didn’t make it to round two). Thank you and good luck!